Monday, September 3, 2012

Meet our new addition...Bubba

Bubba officially moved in Saturday night and spent up until this morning hiding in various spots in the master bedroom.  Yesterday I started working on cleaning out my closet and I nearly jumped out of my skin when I pulled a box out of my closet and there she was.  She would not let me take her out, Ms. Attitude would have none of that.  She didn't eat, drink or use the litter box until this morning when I told my gf that she needed to put her in the bathroom where her box and food were and just shut the door.  She'll figure it out eventually.  She did, she used the litter box and had a snack.

After about 2 hours my son let her out of the bathroom when Irish and Maddux were out.  It was kind of like a prize fight where they kind of circled around each other and gave each other the evil eye.  Then Bubba made a beeline for her sofa, stood on the arm, plotting her exit and jumped down and under the end table and hid there until Irish and Maddux went back upstairs.  Maddux did manage to hiss at her once, that was about it.

Lola
Lola's Diner

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Welcome Bubba! Looks like you have a nice new home. Enjoy it, you'll figure everything out really soon!

Lin said...

Welcome, Bubba!!

Sounds like you still need some alone time to adjust. :)

Cathy Keisha said...

Aren't you a pretty girl Bubba. Enjoy your new forever family.

Pearl said...

Bubba has a beautiful face -- and the heart of a warrior!

Pearl

Marilia said...

Welcome Bubba!!!!!!!!!!

WillOaks Studio said...

Welcome Bubba and thanks for some good advice....we WillOaks Cats will soon be moving to OUR new place (scary!) BUT a small space to start sounds very smart!! Thanks!

Lola said...

Bubba continues to try to adjust. She is one skiddish kitty and is pretty much a loner and only like attention/affection from my gf. But, I'm never one to allow a kitty to get away with that. Lol! By day 3 she was letting me pet her and even let me give her kitty treats which my gf says she NEVER eats.

Maddux and Irish are still being bullies. Whenever brave Bubba tries to venture outside of our room, one of them is there to keep her in her place. So for the time being Bubba stays in our room and we let her have the run of the house at night when Maddux and Irish go to bed with my daughter.